Beeswax: Mother Nature’s gift

Scented candles conjure up images of relaxation and beautifully scented rooms.  However there is a downside to this ambience.  Not only the toxic journey from distillation of petro-chemicals to the paraffin or paraffin/soy candles that most people burn but also the additives that are put in these candles for scent.  These scents can be just as toxic to our airways, nervous system and brain causing all sort of problems from asthma to migraines.  Have you ever stopped to think about tea-light candles?  You probably aren’t aware, but they are made from paraffin wax, a highly toxic by product of petroleum refinement.  Apart from being environmentally unfriendly, they are also highly toxic to our lungs and the air we breathe.  Paraffin wax is extracted from the sludge found at the bottom of a barrel of crude oil.  This then undergoes bleaching and treatment by further carcinogens, namely benzene and toluene.  Further to this, other toxic colours and fragrances are added to make this toxic product appealing to purchasers.  The final result is the innocent looking tea-light candle which releases nothing but poisons into the air inside your home as they burn.  As well as toxins, soot is also released into the air causing cosmetic damage to the furnishings in your home but worse than this, the soot is inhaled by you and your family, lodging in the deepest areas of your lungs.

All of the toxins in the air inside your home have a positive ion charge.  This is how they suspend in the air.  This can be counteracted by the negative ion charge produced by a 100% beeswax candle burning in your home.  Beeswax candles will also burn for hours and hours, many more hours by far than regular paraffin or soy candles.  You would think an alternative would be soy based candles, but even these are genetically modified soy products.  The best alternatives are beeswax candles, by far.

The problem of pollutants in regular candles does not stop with the wax.  The wicks can also contain lead and zinc, which are also air pollutants.  100% pure beeswax candles have 100% cotton wicks – no pollution at all when burning.

Beeswax candles are natural negative ion generators, so when you burn a beeswax candle you are actually cleaning the air as opposed to polluting it.  Negative ionisation of the air actually makes you feel healthier.   Being Mother Nature’s natural air purifiers, negative ions also clear the air of dust and dust mites, mould, bacteria and viruses as well as other nasty toxins found in polluted air.  Beeswax candles are the only candles to produce these negative ions, removing pollution from the air in your home.  People who have asthma and other allergies report an improvement in symptoms when burning 100% beeswax candles.  This is because pollutants are removed from the air inside the home.  They also report sleeping better when beeswax candles are burned in their room for up to four hours before they go to bed.

I hand pour 100% pure beeswax candles and soon they will be for sale here on the blog.  Stay tuned!  Proceeds from sales on the blog will be going to a mental health foundation which assists young people on their journey to wellness and out of drug addiction.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.